Secrets of Jordan
October 8-16, 2022
“Discover world wonders & be surprised“
Join Divergent Travel Trips for our first-ever group trip to Jordan! While we have been to Jordan twice, this is the first time we’re offering the opportunity for you to join us.
Spend 9 days of full immersion in the natural, cultural, and architectural wonders of this small country with us on this custom-built itinerary that you will not find anywhere else.
Our trip will be operated in partnership with one of the leading local tour companies. This means we’ll have access to some of the best guides in Jordan.
We have traveled with them in the past and have worked closely with them to develop this special itinerary so you can experience the best this country has to offer.
The highlights of this trip include a visit to Petra – one of the Wonders of the World, staying at a Bedouin camp in the Wadi Rum desert, and floating in the Dead Sea, along with some stops that will surely surprise you.
We’ll traverse the small country from Amman to Aqaba and back again.
Daily activities include sightseeing, hiking, cultural experiences, tea breaks, and plenty of photo stops.
Something to note: While every trip we offer provides a photographic element, you do not need to be a photographer to join this trip. But, if you want to take photos, we’ll have amazing opportunities to do so.
If all you have is an iPhone, no worries! We can help you take great photos with it.
If photography is of no interest to you at all, that’s ok too.
SECRETS OF JORDAN TRIP DETAILS
View the itinerary, pricing, inclusions, exclusions, & book!
The dates of this group trip are October 8-16, 2022. The cost is $2,150 per person for a shared room.
This price is exclusive to our group and includes staying in 4* and 5* hotels, a private local guide, all activities, all transportation on arrival, most meals, a welcome gift, and photography instruction from us, if you want it.
Additionally, this will be a small, private, and intimate group. We are only offering 12 spots for this departure.
- 8 nights’ accommodation
- 8 breakfasts, 8 dinners, and 6 lunches (most meals included)
- Daily activities
- Entrance Fees
- Local guides
- Airport transfers
- All transport throughout the trip
- Photography instruction
- Welcome gift
- Your hosts (us)!
What’s Not Included:
- International airfare to/from Amman, Jordan
- Travel Insurance (required)
- Beverages at meals
- Gratuities for our amazing local guides
- PCR or Antigen tests
- Single Supplement (if requested)
Day 1: Arrive in Amman, the capital of Jordan, and meet your transfer at the airport. Transfer to hotel for rest before joining a meet and greet dinner. Overnight in Amman.(D)
Day 2: Set out to explore some of Jordan’s impressive ancient wonders, including Jerash and Aljoun Castle. We’ll end the day with a home-hosted traditional Jordanian meal to remember. (B-L-D)
- Jerash – “Pompeii of the East”, Gerasa one of the Decapolis “the Famous 10 Greco-Roman Cities” Located 45 KM north of Amman, Jerash is the best-preserved example of Roman Civilization in Jordan.
- Ajloun Castle – In AD 1184-85 the nephew of Salah-el-Din al Ayyubi (Saladin) built a fortress on the summit of Jabal Bani ‘Awaf, on the site of what is now Qalaat-al-Rabad. Its dominating position allowed an extraordinarily wide vantage over the surrounding lands, and its view is one of the best in the Middle East.
Day 3: Our day starts with an exploration of the ancient Amman Citadel before heading south to discover one of Jordan’s impressive natural wonders in Wadi Mujib Canyon. We’ll then set off on a 2-hour hike through the narrow siq – a place that resembles famed slot canyons in the USA. Our day will end at a 5* eco-resort located on the site of a luxurious natural hot spring. (B-L-D)
- Amman City Tour – The capital of Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan was founded 7000 years ago, and the Human civilized occupation continued through the Greco-Roman era over Seven Mountains reaching nowadays over more than 20 mountains.
- Mujib Biosphere Reserve – The lowest nature reserve in the world, near the east coast of the Dead Sea. The Reserve is located within the deep Wadi Mujib gorge, which enters the Dead Sea at 410m below sea level.
Day 4: Today we head further south to Petra – where you can cross off one of the world’s 7 Wonders from your travel list. In true Divergent Travel Trips style, we’ll be including the famous ‘back door hike’ taking us to the lesser-visited monastery, among other sites. This will be a long but highly rewarding day! You’ll be part of only 15% of Petra visitors to see the monastery! (B-L-D)
- The Petra Back Door Hike – We will enter through the back door, passing the massive monastery before traversing the entire site and ending at the famous Treasury Building (Al-Khazneh). Our hike ends by walking out the narrow siq and to our 5* hotel at the entrance to Petra. We will see also the Roman Theatre, Corinthian tomb, the Palace of Pharos’s Daughter, the Carved Roman Theater, and the Royal Courts, along with one of the oldest Cathedrals of the Bishop high chair.
Day 5: Another day in Petra! The site is massive and today we’ll have options for more hikes to viewpoints or leisure time to slowly explore things we missed the day before. The day will end with the beautiful Petra by Night event. (B-L-D)
- Petra By Night – Complete your Petra experience with a visit to Petra Night Show, this event is a magical way to see part of the rock city by candlelight and explore the old city, which has become a world wonder, an incomparable experience starts by walking the entire Siq to the Treasury, lit with over 1,500 candles to bring the major attraction due to the spectacular view it has.
Day 6: Leaving Petra behind we’ll continue south to the Wadi Rum desert. We will set off on a 4-hour jeep tour to see the highlights of the desert, followed by an epic sunset, and check-in at a luxury desert camp. (B-L-D)
- Wadi Rum Visit – A moonscape of ancient valleys and towering weathered sandstone mountains rise out of the pink and white-colored sand. It is a place where Hollywood Producers are drawn for its science fiction film sets like the famous movie The Martian and Lawrence of Arabia.
Day 7: Today we wake up in the desert but set off for the Red Sea where we will enjoy a private catamaran tour with a BBQ lunch. You will have the chance to swim and snorkel in the Red Sea. In the afternoon we’ll head north to the Dead Sea. (B-L-D)
- Cruise in Aqaba – We’ll set off on a glass-bottom yacht for 3.5 hours of cruising, snorkeling, swimming, and BBQing. Snorkeling equipment will be provided for a safe and enjoyable way to enter Jordan’s Marine Park to see some of the most colorful fish and corals.
Day 8: Today we will set off early to explore some of Jordan’s famous biblical sites, Madaba and Mount Nebo. In the afternoon you’ll enjoy free time to float in the Dead Sea and enjoy the resort before our farewell dinner at a local authentic restaurant. (B-D)
- Madaba (St. George Church & Mosaic Map) – The major highlight is the Greek Orthodox Basilica of St. George or the Church of the Map which portrays the old Holly Land with 2 Million pieces of mosaic, a huge well-preserved work of art comprising a map of the entire region of Jordan and Palestine in the north, to Egypt in the south.
- Mount Nebo – Moses Mountain overlooks the Jordan Valley, Dead Sea, West Bank, and Jerusalem, and is believed to house the tomb of Moses. The major highlight is the Byzantine Church built in the 4th century to memorialize Prophet Moses’ death and the spot where Moses view the “Land of Canaan” the Holy Land that he would not enter…
Day 9: All good things must come to an end, but we make it easy with included airport transfers and airport assistance. (B)
The Accommodation & Food:
We’ll be staying in five different 4* and 5* luxury properties that offer prime locations in Jordan. Our goal is to have you close to things to maximize your free time and reduce the bus time each day! Each room offers a private bathroom and two beds.
Room sharing – if you are traveling solo, you will be paired with someone of the same gender. We’ll do our best to pair you with someone we think you’ll click with based on your signup forms.
If you do not want to share, it is possible to have your own room with the additional fee of a single supplement. This cost is $550. Note: this option is limited.
Our itinerary includes almost every meal and will offer special local dining experiences among standard meal options. You will not be hungry!
Vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, and other diets can be accommodated.
How to Get to Amman:
Queen Alia International Airport (AMM) is the largest international airport in the country and most likely your port of arrival. Airport transfers to our starting hotel in Amman are included.
Diverge & Join This Adventure!
We’re so excited to offer this trip and as we’ve already said, will only be able to take a limited, small group of 12 people with us. Grab your spot now to avoid major FOMO!
If you want to be considered for this trip – please click below and complete the form! ‘ Forms are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
A $500 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your spot, and the remaining balance is due 90 days before departure. Payment plans are also available upon receipt of your deposit.
Departure is not guaranteed until the minimum number of guests is met. If the minimum is not met within one month, your deposit will be fully refunded. Please do not book flights or other non-refundable travel until we guarantee departure.
If the trip is full, email [email protected] and we will add you to the waiting list — also follow Divergent Travel Trips on Instagram to be the first to know when future trips are announced.
Health & Safety:
All travelers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to join us, in compliance with the laws of Jordan.
In order to enter, you must meet the following requirements (as of today):
• Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no less than 14 days before traveling
• Insurance with minimum coverage of $50,000 USD
With this trip being 5 months away, travel requirements are likely to change and become less strict over time. We will keep a close eye on things and keep you updated along the way!
Is this trip only for photography?
Absolutely not! While we will be offering help to those that are interested in photography, this is not a photography workshop. So if you never take a photo the whole trip, you’re still welcome.
How fit should I be?
This tour is rated Moderate. There will be some long walking days and we have 2 hikes included in the itinerary. To really enjoy the tour you should at least be prepared for a bit of hiking and some long walks in outdoor settings.
Will I have time to do my own thing?
Yes, we have rest time built into the schedule if you’d like to explore some on your own.
Will there be WiFi or phone service?
Jordan has great cell service, so if you have a roaming plan, you’ll have no problem being connected. It’s also possible to buy SIM cards and local data packages at the airport in Amman. Our bus will have WIFI on it during transport days and all hotels will offer WIFI except in the Wadi Rum desert.
What’s the weather like in Jordan?
October is the start of Fall, so we’ll be past the hottest part of the dry season and entering cooler months. You’ll want to have layers as you can expect it to be warm and sunny during the day, cooling off at night.
How much money will I need to bring?
Once you arrive in Amman your airport transfers, accommodation, activities, most food, and transport are included. You will need money to cover gratuities for our local guide, and beverages at all meals (both alcoholic and non-alchoholic), and any souvenirs.
Is it possible to have a private room?
It is possible to have a private room but this option is limited due to limited season availability and our total room hold. The cost to have a private room is an additional $550.
What travel insurance do you recommend?
World Nomads offers travel insurance, required for the duration of this trip, at affordable rates. Travel insurance will also reimburse you in the case of flight delays, medical issues, and more.
Is there an age requirement?
This trip is for 18 years or older.
What about visas?
Amman offers visas on arrival for most passports.
What if I test positive for COVID?
We understand this is a major concern for many traveling internationally right now. In the unlikely event that you contract COVID-19 while traveling with us, we will assist you in confirming your positive test results, finding a location to isolate, and rebooking your travel home.
If you are concerned about the cost of quarantine should you test positive abroad, ensure your travel insurance policy covers COVID-related expenses.
Is my deposit non-refundable?
Yes, the $500 deposit to secure your space is non-refundable and the remaining balance is due 90 days before departure. If the trip must be postponed or canceled due to events beyond our control, you will be offered a full refund.
Is there a waiting list?
There will be a waiting list on a first-come, first-served basis in case spaces open up or we decide to offer an additional departure for this exclusive adventure. If the trip is full and you’re still interested, email us at [email protected] to be added to the waiting list.
Have another question?
Our email is [email protected]
We live in a fast and ever-changing world these days, which is one of the many reasons we require travel insurance for all of our trips. This also means that if you cancel your trip due to covered reasons with your policy, you’ll be able to file a claim and be reimbursed.
Your travel insurance will also cover trip interruption or cancellation, should something happen like a natural disaster or political unrest. It will also cover if you contract COVID-19 and cannot go on your trip.
Beyond that, we do offer a full refund less the non-refundable $500 deposit up to 4 weeks before the trip departure date if you choose to cancel for a personal reason.
If you need to cancel less than 4 weeks before the trip, we will only be able to offer a refund less the deposit if we are able to fill your spot.