WE ARE OFFICIALLY IN DOUBLE DIGITS!!!
This is an exciting moment for us. I feel like years of throwing around ideas, chatting, planning and finally realizing are all culminating in this moment. We’ve been staring at that countdown clock since it said 365. Today is an exciting day!
I am currently operating from at least a dozen lists! I know, I know a little overkill, but I am a serious multi tasker and I like my stuff ‘separate’!
This list is our main TO DO list. It includes all the major things we need to get done before we leave.
Finalize general route
- Put information together for ‘extras’ (Safaris, Antarctica Cruise, homestays, Spanish classes, volunteer work, treks, etc.)
Map out first few weeks itinerary
- Make lodging arrangements for first few weeks itinerary
- Explore Travel Insurance Options & select/purchase policy
Add pages to both passports Arrange Visa’s for first couple countries
- Get passport photos taken for VISA’s (have several printed)
- Scan all documents into digital format and save to both emails
- Gather all CC contact numbers, embassy numbers, etc.
- Get new international drivers licenses
- Get family and friends setup with Skype
Order travel wedding band (I’m leaving the diamonds at home!)
- Figure out where to forward the mail while gone
- Finalize packing lists ( we are REALLY close on this)
- Put together med kit
SEPERATING FROM THE STUFF
- Sell our house (officially listed, we’ve had loads of showings but still waiting on that offer- fingers crossed for us!)
- Sell unused stuff on eBay/Craigslist (in progress)
Have a rummage sale ( we made $850!)
- Donate stuff not worth selling (in progress)
- Make arrangements for storage of the small amount we plan to keep
- Sell Lina’s car
- Sell Corvette
- Sell all Farm Equipment (horse trailer, bobcat,
bulldozer, 4wheeler, mower, utility trailers)
- Sell laptop
Find Kobe a foster home
- Lease Smarti ( in progress)
Find Tigger & Cali a foster home Sell project horses
Go over vaccines needed (it’s not many)
- Make a visit to our travel doc for meds
Dentist appointments Discuss BC options with OBGYN
- Eye exams (contacts)
- Sign up for Charles Schwab Account ($0 ATM fees worldwide!)
- Setup layered bank accounts
- Cancel un-necessary credit cards
- Spend on mileage cards to keep miles from expiring
MacBook Pro 13″ Purchase a second 14″computer(realized we both need one!) iPod for David Packing cubes External Hard drive 2TB Mac compatible External Hard drive 1 TB PC compatible wire padlocks (TSA) new telephoto lens (Canon 100-400L on the wish list!) video camera
- Cancel cell phones (just before we leave)
Get website up and running
- Photo website up and linked into our Blog
Open YouTube account for uploading and linking to website
- Write letters of resignation
We continue to plug away at our lists!