This week’s interview:
Hannah & Adam from Getting Stamped
1. Who are you and where are you from? We are Adam & Hannah from Getting Stamped! We are from Milwaukee, Wisconsin GO BREWERS!
2. Favorite thing about your hometown? Milwaukee Brewers and all the microbreweries they both involve beer, and Adam loves beer!
3. #1 Reason you travel? This one is tough, great question! Life is to short to stay in one place, the world is big you have to get out and explore it!
4. Job you left behind? Hannah was a tax auditor, everyone loves a sales tax/income tax auditor right!?!? Adam technically was a mechanical engineer, he considered himself a bacon engineer because he literally made bacon!
5. What did you give up to save money for travel? Well it wasn’t just one thing, it was several. We cut our entertainment budget in half, only $200 a month now. No more tanning, hair cuts/dyes every 4 months instead of 3. No more spa services…. Only $50 a month each for personal money, Hannah spent her’s on clothes and Adam spent his on home brewing. We also cut cable, that saved us over $100 month alone!
6. What kind of backpack do you carry and why? Adam has a 70L Osprey and Hannah has a 65L Osprey. We choose the ospreys because they have side zipper access, great reviews, hip belts molded just for us, and look great!
7. Funniest Travel/WTF moment? Well this is funny now looking back, but it was scary as sh*t when it happen…. Our first trip to Costa RIca we rented an SUV, let’s just say we had a few comlications and we thought we were going to die. The brakes all of a sudden didn’t work as we were driving in downtown San Jose in the dark late at night, we here what we thought were gun shots.
8. Favorite ‘Off-the-beaten-Path’ place: We fell in love with Gili T on our honeymoon. It is a perfect island off of Bali. You must get there soon because it won’t be off the beaten path much longer, as we show development while we were there.
9. Your MUST HAVE(s) while on the road: Adam: Ipod he can use it as his music player, digital notepad, phone to Skype home to the parents, schedule Facebook posts, basically everything. Hannah: Toilet paper, for real you need to always have a roll of TP in your daypack! You wont believe how many places wont have a bathroom for FREE, the toilet may or may NOT have a toilet seat, and you for sure shouldn’t count on any TP! Always be prepared and BYO-TP!
10. Laundry: Send it out or use the sink? We plan on sinking for most of our RTW trip, we sinked it on our 3 week honeymoon in Thailand and it was no biggy at all. But some countries it’s so cheap to get it done, so we might consider it every so often…yes I get lazy sometimes!
11. Favorite book: Hannah The Giving Tree has always been my favorite. Adam really enjoyed The Midnight Express by Billy Hayes.
12. Stay out late or get up early? BOTH! We love to stay out late, and still get up early BUT you better believe I may be taking a nap at noon on the beach!
13. DSLR or Point & Shoot? What brands and lenses do you carry? We have both in our packs, including an underwater Nikon camera. We have a Nikon DSLR D5100, lenses: 18-55mm, 55-200mm.
14. Favorite kind of Pizza: Giardino’s in Chicago, deep dish Sausage! We have been none to drive to the boarder, which is about an hour drive, just to get this pizza!!
15. What is your average daily budget? $75 including all flights/hotels/food/visas/tours/etc
16. How many countries have you visited? Currently to date 10, but 40 more planned on our RTW trip!