This week’s interview:
Alli from The Vintage Postcard.
1. Who are you and where are you from? My name is Alli and I am from London, Ontario, Canada.
2. Favorite thing about your hometown? The abundance in trees and pretty parks
3. #1 Reason you travel? To immerse myself in other cultures, to learn and get inspired.
4. Job you left behind? I’m sitting here at work right now writing this 🙁 One day I will take a year off to fulfill my dream of a RTW. Mark my words!
5. What did you give up to save money for travel? a car
6. What kind of backpack do you carry and why? Arc’Teryx because they are the sh**!! They really are.
7. Funniest Travel/WTF moment? A friend of mine had his camera confiscated inside Abu Simbel becasue you aren’t allowed to take photos in there. After he left, the same guard motioned for me to take photos quickly before I left. Ookkkayy….
8. Favorite ‘Off-the-beaten-Path’ place: Sailing on a felucca along the Nile River
9. Your MUST HAVE(s) while on the road: My travel journal and a travel pillow
10. Laundry: Send it out or use the sink? Sink
11. Favorite book: Jane Eyre, The Help
12. Stay out late or get up early? Go to bed early to get up early!
13. DSLR or Point & Shoot? What brand and what lenses? Both! Canon Digital Elph and Nikon D3200 with a 18-55 kit lens. I like it simple 🙂 When I go to Africa I will be looking into a bigger lens for sure!
14. Favorite kind of Pizza: Anything with pesto as it is the best-o
15. What is your average daily budget? $40
16. How many countries have you visited? 23 countries and 6 continents