This week’s Travel Blog interview:
Sam & Pete from Travelling King
1. Who are you and where are you from? We are Sam & Pete from Travelling King. Pete is from Adelaide Australia and (I) Sam is from Zimbabwe (I moved to Australia in 2000).
2. Favorite thing about your hometown? Adelaide is like the “ugly/unknown cousin” of Melbourne. Most people don’t give it a second thought but Adelaide is very interesting, we have some of the best wines in the world, Kangaroo Island (very popular with tourists who do come here), the Flinders Ranges (incredible ranges about 3 hours from the city).
3. #1 Reason you travel? Only one? Freedom! Travel gives you the freedom to see and do things you don’t do on a daily basis.
4. Job you left behind? We are both still working. Pete is an Arborist aka “tree Surgeon” he looks after sick and dying trees and removed dangerous tress or branches and Sam work in Finance.
5. What thing(s) did you give up to save money for travel? Not much really, neither of us are interested in clubbing or going out to wild parties so we usually spend our nights (while home) relaxing or we do out for dinner now and then.
6. What kind of backpack do you carry and why? We don’t carry backpacks well expect for day use and they are our Burton backpacks we use for snowboarding. We are more luxurious travelers. We like the finer things when we travel
7. Funniest Travel/WTF moment? While sitting at the Opera House bar in Sydney, i had a seagull land on my face and take a chip out of my mouth (i was putting it in my mouth) – It all happened very quickly and I sat there VERY shocked while Pete almost wet himself laughing!
8. Favorite ‘Off-the-beaten-Path’ place: Is the Palazzo Versace considered off the beaten track?
9. Your MUST HAVE(s) while on the road: Sam: My phone, camera, Laptop. Pete: Ipad and PSP
10. Laundry: Send it out or use the sink? Send it out!
11. Favorite book: Lonely plant (everything!)
12. Stay out late or get up early? Both! Enjoy staying up late but will get up early to see something amazing!
13. DSLR or Point & Shoot? What brand(s) and lenses do you carry? Canon SLR with standard lenses
14. Favorite kind of Pizza: BBQ Chicken with pineapple – yum yum! Pete loves a pizza through dominoes called “Double Bacon cheese burger”
15. What is your average daily budget? We don’t often budget – which is a little bad because we burn through money but we have fun doing it!
16. How many countries have you visited? 3 – Australia, New Zealand & Thailand.