Divergent Travelers is expanding!
How to Write for Divergent Travelers
We are looking for new and talented writers to be a part of our rapidly growing adventure travel website.
We want to feature guest writers from a variety of different backgrounds interested in writing informational articles and sharing stories about their travels around the world. If you love adventure travel and a little bit of luxury, even better.
If you love to write and are passionate about travel and helping other people to be inspired and pursue travel then we are looking for you to become part of our team.
If you want to get your foot in the door at Divergent Travelers, have your articles be exposed to a large worldwide audience and have an informative, catchy article about a destination you have visited then send us your pitch. We’d love to have you published here!
Guest posting is a great way for us to get to know you, your writing style, introduce your writing to our audience and grow your portfolio.
This is the first step in joining the Divergent Travelers Team.
Once you’ve been featured on our website a few times and we’ve developed a relationship, we can discuss your potential of being promoted to other positions on our team.
- You must have excellent English skills
- Proficient spelling and grammar
- All photos you submit must be your own, or properly sourced using a Creative Commons license
- Must be original content (not published anywhere else on the internet)
- Full guest post specs will be sent upon topic approval
If you are interested in guest posting for Divergent Travelers, please use the form below to contact us. Be sure to include all of the following information:
- Your Name
- Your Website URL (if you have one)
- Do you have any specific topics or destinations you consider yourself an expert in? (Be specific and tell us why)
- 3 Topic Ideas
If you have written for us before and established a great working relationship, we can discuss having you represent Divergent Travelers on media & press trips, hotel stays, activity invitations and more.
We are invited on these types of sponsored trips on a regular basis to write about the destination, hotel and activities on our site. As Divergent Travelers continues to grow we are looking to expand our team to take advantage of more of these opportunities since we can’t be everywhere at the same time. This is where you come in!
Assignment level writers may be asked to represent Divergent Travelers based on invitations we receive or if you are traveling somewhere you may be able to use our already established brand to secure assignments on your own.
All opportunities will be discussed with us first for approval and will be set up through our official channels.
*Important * This level is only available to people who have written for us before and have a proven track record.
- Have a solid relationship with Lina & David from Divergent Travelers
- Have had a few guest posts published on our site
- Must be willing to commit to writing a story about your experience within 2 weeks of completion
- Some trips may require multiple articles
- Must be able to capture great photos to accompany each article
- Knowledge of how to post articles in WordPress, or willingness to learn
- Knowledge of SEO and Keyword Research
Becoming a professional travel writer for Divergent Travelers is a combination between getting assignments and being paid to write for this website. We are looking for people who love to write, love travel and want to become a more permanent part of our team.
We are commissioning stories to be written on our website, such as in-depth destination guides, how to guides and other informational articles. These are paid opportunities with writing rates based on your experience, size of articles, topic, etc.
We also have a number of publications that commission stories through our team of writers. Once you have proven yourself by writing on our website we can hire you as a freelance writer on the Divergent Travelers writing team.
- Must be fluent in the English language, equivalence to native
- Have a strong work ethic and be willing to meet deadlines
- Create all original content
- High attention to detail and ability to research topics in-depth
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS), formatting and editing
- Knowledge of SEO and Keyword Research
- Have an established relationship working with us starting at entry level
- We will not pay new, inexperienced authors unless they are proven experts in their field
- We are not a massive multi-national publication and our budget is small. This is not a position you can quit your job for but it can help you grow your portfolio and put some extra cash in your pocket.