Divergent Travelers is expanding!
We are looking for people to contribute informational and original guest posts written based on your experiences for our website. These topics can include inspirational posts, destination guides and travel tips. Know a destination inside and out? Pitch us!
Divergent Travelers is also accepting applications for writers who want to join our team on a long-term and professional level to contribute to this website on a more regular basis and work an assignment level for our brand.
How to Write for Divergent Travelers
We are looking for new and talented writers to be a part of our rapidly growing adventure travel website.
We want to feature guest writers from a variety of different backgrounds interested in writing informational articles and sharing stories about their travels around the world. If you love adventure travel and a little bit of luxury, even better.
If you love to write and are passionate about travel and helping other people to be inspired and pursue travel then we are looking for you to become part of our team.
If you want to get your foot in the door at Divergent Travelers, have your articles be exposed to a large worldwide audience and have an informative, catchy article about a destination you have visited then send us your pitch. We’d love to have you published here!
Guest posting is a great way for us to get to know you, your writing style, introduce your writing to our audience and grow your portfolio.
This is the first step in joining the Divergent Travelers Team.
Once you’ve been featured on our website a few times and we’ve developed a relationship, we can discuss your potential of becoming an active member of our team.
- You must have excellent English skills
- Proficient spelling and grammar
- All photos you submit must be your own, or properly sourced using a Creative Commons license
- Must be original content (not published anywhere else on the internet)
- Full guest post specs will be sent upon topic approval
If you are interested in guest posting for Divergent Travelers, please use the form on our contact page. Be sure to include all of the following information:
- Your Name
- Your Website URL (if you have one)
- Do you have any specific topics or destinations you consider yourself an expert in? (Be specific and tell us why)
- 3-5 Topic Ideas
Becoming a professional travel writer for Divergent Travelers is a combination between getting assignments and being paid to write for this website. We are looking for people who love to write, love travel and want to become a more permanent part of our team.
We are commissioning stories to be written on our website, such as in-depth destination guides, how to guides and other informational articles. These are paid opportunities with writing rates based on your experience, size of articles, topic, etc.
We also have a number of publications that commission stories through our team of writers. Once you have proven yourself by writing on our website we can hire you as a freelance writer on the Divergent Travelers writing team.
Additionally, there may be opportunity for assignment work if we feel you are a good fit. We are invited on sponsored trips on a regular basis to write about the destination, hotel and activities on our site. As Divergent Travelers continues to grow we are looking to expand our team to take advantage of more of these opportunities since we can’t be everywhere at the same time. This is where you come in!
Regular writers may be asked to represent Divergent Travelers based on invitations we receive or if you are traveling somewhere you may be able to use our already established brand to secure assignments on your own.
All opportunities will be discussed with us first for approval and will be set up through our official channels.
- Must be fluent in the English language, equivalence to native
- Have a strong work ethic and be willing to meet deadlines
- Create all original content
- High attention to detail and ability to research topics in-depth
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS), formatting and editing
- Knowledge of SEO and Keyword Research
- Have an established relationship working with us
- We will not pay new, inexperienced authors unless they are proven experts in their field
If you would like to join the Divergent Travelers Team as a regular writer: Apply Here