Looking for some travel inspiration? If you’re dreaming of the perfect paradise destination,well, you’ve come to the right place. The Maldives is in a class of it’s own when it comes to paradise and offers some of the best beaches in the World. Not only can you soak up the sun and play in the water from shore but it has some of the best underwater scenes in the World to back it up too. Our Maldives photos will leave no doubt in your mind on this statement.
It’s the perfect playground for adults looking to get away from it all and whether you decide to hop on a cruise boat or chill at a resort, the Maldives is sure to leave you in awe. So without further ado, we at Divergent Travelers give you:
21 Maldives Photos Reveal Pure Paradise
(All photos are owned and created by Divergent Travelers)
1. Amazing views from the air on an inter-island flight
2. The parking lot at the Male International Airport
3. First impressions are everything… Maamagili Sand Bar
4. Footprints in the sand, Hurasdhoo Island
5. Sand bar disappears into the ocean, Maamasfushi Island
6. An afternoon of relaxing under an umbrella on Hurasdhoo Island
7. Handstand on the beach, Maamasfushi Island
8. Explore the entire island by foot in 10 minutes, Maamasfushi Island
9. Sand, sun, palm trees and your own umbrella, Radhdhigga Island
10. Abundant reefs just offshore for world class snorkeling, Radhdhigga Island
11. Who could resist playing in that water? Radhdhigga Island
12. Black Tip Reef Shark spotted right off the beach, Meerufenfushi Island
13. Pure beauty and relaxation on Maayafushi Sandbar
14. Morning view of Hurasdhoo Island
15. Crystal clear waters of Hurasdhoo Island
16. Lone dingy boat and umbrellas on Meerufenfushi Island
17. Grab a float and spend your day on the water
18. Want to see more islands? Consider heading out on a cruise or dive boat.
19. Open ocean near Male
20. View over the South Ari Atoll from an inter-island flight
21. Relaxing in the waters off Radhdhigga Island
So there you have it, 21 Maldives photos that will leave you drooling over paradise. A visit to this group of islands is beyond surreal and will leave you yearning for more beach time. I took thousands of photos, but these really showcase the magic that can be experienced on a visit here. Of course, it doesn’t stop there, there are thousands of islands to explore plus a whole underwater world.
If you are interested in researching more about the Maldives to plan your own trip, check out some of our other Maldives stories on the blog.
Looking for more on the Maldives?
One of our most frequently asked questions is “what kind of travel photography gear do you carry with you when you travel?”
Below is a short list of what travel photography gear we carry to get photos like you see above. If you would like to see the full list check out our Ultimate Travel Photography Gear List. This travel photography gear list is not the be all, end all of travel camera gear lists. These items are the ones we prefer to use based on our styles, needs and wants when in the field.
- Canon 6d DSLR Body
- Canon 24-105mm L Lens
- Canon EW-83H Tulip Lens Hood
- Canon 100-400mm L Lens
- Canon ET-83C Lens Hood
- Canon 2x Extender
- Canon 11-24 Ultra Wide L Lens
- B+W Circular Polarizer MRC 77mm
- B+W UV Filter MRC 77mm
- ND4, ND6 & ND8 Neutral Density Filters
- MeFoto Travel Tripod
- Intervalometer & Remote Switch
- SanDisk Extreme Pro SD Cards
- Canon LP-E6 Batteries
- Canon Battery Grip BG-E13
- OptiTech Sling Comfort Strap
Click to read about all of the camera gear we carry: Ultimate Travel Photography Gear List
Like our Maldives photos? Here’s more on the Maldives:
Love travel photos? Check these out too!
Travel Insurance: We use for Allianz for travel insurance and have since our first trip to Mexico in 2003. They’ve been there for us on our adventures – and many friends and readers – multiple times over! If you want to book with Allianz Travel Insurance, simply use this link to get their travel insurance!