I don’t think I have ever met a fellow traveler that hadn’t manifested the perfect road trip around Ireland and placed it onto their travel bucket list. The emerald isle has an allure that draws people from all corners of the world to its bright green shores, including us.
The scenery unfolds before your eyes when you drive the coastline and explore the scenes of this diverse island nation. I hate to tell you but our Ireland photos aren’t going to make it any better.
Our two-week road trip around Ireland afforded the opportunity to explore some of the best sights in Ireland and it was enough time to develop an intense love for a destination that does not always happen.
We look forward to the day when we can return, but in the meantime, we’d like to convince you to drop everything and plan a trip to Ireland. It’s amazing, beautiful and belongs on every traveler’s bucket list that longs for that perfect road trip adventure.
33 Ireland Photos Guaranteed to Cause Wanderlust
(All photos are owned and created by Divergent Travelers)
1. Dublin’s Famous Ha Penny Bridge at sunset golden hour
2. Glendalough in the Wicklow Mountains at sunset
Related Article: Finding Glendalough in the Wicklow Mountains
3. Hiking path in the Wicklow Mountains
4. Roses in bloom at Kilkenny Castle
Related Article: 9 Castles You Cannot Miss in Ireland
5. Blarney Castle in all its glory
6. View of Little Skellig from Skellig Michael
7. Curious Atlantic Puffin on Skellig Michael
8. Beehive Ruins on Skellig Michael
Related Article: The Real Titanic Experience in Ireland
9. 600 Steps to the top of Skellig Michael
10. The views from Skellig Michael are worth climbing for
11. Path through the Macgillycuddy’s Reeks to climb Carrauntoohill, Ireland’s tallest mountain
Related Article: Climbing Carrauntoohil, Ireland’s Tallest Peak
12. Inch Beach, Dingle Peninsula
13. Green fields on the Dingle Peninsula
Related Article: Horseback Riding in Dingle
14. Flowers in bloom on the Dingle Peninsula coastline
15. Coastal ruins along the Dingle Peninsula drive on the Wild Atlantic Way
16. The charming town of Dingle
17. Dingle Peninsula views on the Wild Atlantic Way
18. Adorable pony at Bunratty Castle and Folk Park
19. Hiking trail along the Wild Atlantic Way
20. View from the top of St. John’s Castle in Limerick
21. Horses in a field on the Wild Atlantic Way
22. Dunguaire Castle by the sea
23. Poulnabrone Dolmen, Neolithic ruin, in The Burren
24. Unique stone landscape in The Burren
25. The Cliffs of Moher
26. Driving the Connemara Peninsula
27. Celtic crosses along the Wild Atlantic Way
28. The Dark Hedges featured in Game of Thrones, Northern Ireland
29. Giant’s Causeway against the blue Atlantic Ocean
Related Article: Ireland’s Causeway Coast
30. Causeway Coastline on a clear day, Northern Ireland
31. Carrick-A-Rede Rope bridge view from above, Northern Ireland
32. Stunning coastline in Northern Ireland, Causeway Coast
33. Shimmering light on Giant’s Causeway, Northern Ireland
Two words, just go. Ireland is one of the most beautiful and diverse destinations we have ever visited and these Ireland photos should prove that to you. From the landscapes that are so green they look fake, to the dramatic coastlines and charming pub culture, you can satisfy several travel desires in one trip. Rent a car and get out there and explore all that Ireland has to offer.
If you are interested in researching more about Ireland to plan your own trip, check out some of our other Ireland stories on the blog or on Ireland’s official tourism website.
A special thank you to Tourism Ireland and Failte Ireland for the opportunity to explore and promote such a beautiful destination.
If you like our photos and are interested in travel photography, be sure to check out our Ultimate Travel Photography Gear List.
More on Ireland:
- 9 Castles in Ireland You Cannot Miss
- 33 Ireland Photos Guaranteed to Cause Wanderlust
- Best Road Trip Routes in Ireland
- Best Hikes in the Mourne Mountains of Northern Ireland
- A Short Guide to Renting A Car in Ireland
- Ireland’s Causeway Coast- Giants Causeway, Dark Hedges & Belfast
- Horseback Riding in Dingle, Ireland
- Finding Glendalough in the Wicklow Mountains of Ireland
- The Real Titanic Experience in Ireland
- Climbing Carrauntoohill- Ireland’s Tallest Peak
- Where to Stay in Dublin for 2019
- Best Places to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day
- 10 Best Day Trips from Dublin Worth Taking
- 3 Days in Dublin-Things to Do in Dublin
8 thoughts on “33 Ireland Photos Guaranteed to Cause Wanderlust”
Very beautiful photos! I have been to a lot of places.
its amazing photograph lina, no wonder my friend like to go there
What a great photos. You really made me want to visit Ireland again 🙂
What are you waiting for!!? 🙂
Somehow Adam and I have never been to the UK…..Odd I know! We hope to get there sooner than later, but that darn travel list keeps growing the more we travel!
Ireland is a beautiful place to visit. I agree on the travel list, ours is the same. Always adding more places to it.
Beautiful pictures of Ireland! I really didn’t need to see any pics to make me want to visit Ireland. I have a friend there that I would love to go visit if she would just invite me, Marie, hint, hint!! LOL
It really is an amazing country and one of our favorite to date actually! We loved it so much we’re already awaiting our return visit.