To visit Africa is the epitome of every adventure travelers quest. It doesn’t speak to everyone, but for those it does, it is an overwhelming lust that has them being drawn back for more.
I speak from experience on this, having spent 4 months overland from Cape Town to Cairo with Oasis Overland in 2015.
Our trip finished and we found ourselves already thinking about a return visit and we hadn’t even left the continent. When you visit Africa it takes hold of your heart and I don’t think it ever lets go.
If you were on the fence about visiting Africa, I hope this selection of photos from our travels in Africa is enough to convince you otherwise. Or perhaps you just like good photography, either way, enjoy!
Don’t leave home without: Lonely Planet Africa (Travel Guide)
25 Photos That Will Make You Want to Visit Africa
(All photos are owned and created by Divergent Travelers)
1. African Penguins at Boulder Beach, Cape Peninsula, South Africa
2. Sunset on Dune 45 in Namibia.
3. Deadvlei, Namibia
Read about our experience at Deadvlei: Deadvlei brings Beauty to Death in Namibia
4. Himba Woman taking a smoke bath in Namibia
5. Night Sky over Spitzkoppe in Namibia
6. Bull Elephant during Golden Hour at Elephant Sands in Botswana
Read about our experience: Camping at Elephant Sands in Botswana
7. Hornbill silhouette at sunrise in Botswana
Read about our experience: Bush Camping in the Okavango Delta
8. Victoria Falls as viewed from a Helicopter
Read about our experience: Best Adventures in Victoria Falls
9. Discover the Roots of Humanity in Zimbabwe
10. Elephants 3 in a Row at Chobe National Park, Botswana
11. Rhino Tracking in Zimbabwe
12. Smiling faces in Malawi
13. Discover the old slave outpost of Zanzibar off the shores of Tanzania
Read about Zanzibar: Sustainable Tourism in Zanzibar
14. Marvel at the Tallest Mountain in Africa, Mount Kilimanjaro
15. Shy Masai girl in Arusha, Tanzania
16. Lioness spotted on Safari in the Serengeti, Tanzania
17. The Conflicting Patterns of Africa in Lake Nukuru National Park, Kenya
18. Sunrise of Lake Victoria in Uganda
19. Baby Gorilla in Volcano National Park, Rwanda
Read about our experience: Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda: Is It Worth It?
20. Mursi Tribal Woman in Ethiopia
21. Golden Waters of Lake Tana in Bahir Dar, Ethiopia
22. St George Rock Hewn Church at Lalibela, Ethiopia
23. Gelada Baboons in the Simien Mountains of Ethiopia
24. Hamer Bull Jumping Ceremony in Ethiopia
25. Great Pyramids of Giza in Egypt
Two words, just go. Africa is an amazing continent and each country is so different from the others.
Just when we thought we had experienced something that couldn’t be topped, we rolled into the next country and found ourselves mesmerized once again. Africa is a magical place.
If you like our photos and are interested in travel photography, be sure to check out our Ultimate Travel Photography Gear List.
More on Africa:
- 25 Epic Places to Have the Best Safari in Africa
- African Safari Animals and Where to Find Them
- Gorilla Safaris in Africa: Everything You Need to Know
- Ultimate Vaccination Guide for Africa Travel
- Best Sleeping Bag for Cold Weather From Africa to Greenland
- Africa Overland Trip Budget-Oasis Overland
- Oasis Overland Trip Through Africa-What to Expect
- Great White Shark Cage Diving in South Africa
- Preparation Guide for Gorilla Trekking in Africa
- Day in the Life of an Overland Trip through Africa
- Cape Peninsula Photo Tour in South Africa With Viator