One of my favorite things to do is go whale watching. For some reason I can’t seem to pinpoint, if I even hear the word whales I am searching for the nearest boat to take us out. There is just something amazing about having an up close experience with the World’s largest mammal.
Aloha! Be welcomed on Maui with traditional lei greetings at Kahului Airport.
Who Doesn’t Love Maui Whale Watching?
It wasn’t coincidence that we chose to visit Maui in March, which is one of the months for prime whale watching. Humpback whales migrate to this area for the winter months for breeding season, so they are quite literally everywhere. We saw them every day from the beach and various vantage points.
We ended up taking two different whale watches while we were there. The first was horrible and focused mainly on snorkeling, not even slowing down for you to watch the whales we encountered. I was quite disappointed and spent the next few days researching reliable companies to take us out. We lucked out with an opening on our last day with Ultimate Whale Watch in Lahaina and were given the experience of a lifetime.
This post is a roundup of my favorite photos from our whale watching in Maui.
Watching the whales in Maui is an amazing experience. Of course, trying to pick from my hundreds of photos for this post was difficult but I hope you enjoy them.
|HIGHLIGHTS OF HAWAII – MAUI & BIG ISLAND|
Kahului to Kailua-Kona
|HAWAII MULTI-ISLAND ADVENTURE|
Waikiki to Kailua-Kona
|HAWAII ADVENTURE – OAHU & KAUAI|
Waikiki to Kapa‘a
|Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
More on Hawaii:
- 21 Bucket List Things to do in Hawaii
- 13 Epic Things to do in Honolulu (Plus travel tips!)
- 50 Incredible Things to Do in Maui
- 10 Best Maui Hikes for Insane Views
- 20 Best Beaches in Maui: Ultimate Maui Beach Guide
- Where to Stay in Maui – Our Top Recommendations
- Ultimate Road to Hana Guide – Maui, Hawaii
- Maui Jeep Rental- Should I or Shouldn’t I?
- Extreme Doors Off Helicopter Tour in Maui, Hawaii
- Maui Whale Watching in Hawaii
- Old Lahaina Luau: Best Luau in Hawaii
- Molokini Crater Underwater Adventure in Maui
- 13 Best Cities to Visit in the USA